Industry: Industrial, various
years experience in the areas of machine design, stress analysis calculation,
structural design, fluid power, and PLC Programming (SLC-500). Further,
I have considerable experience in solid modeling software such as Catia
V5, solid works, mechanical desktop4, Solid Edge, and AutoCad
CAREER OBJECTIVE: To obtain a challenging Mechanical Design Engineer position which will enable me to utilize the knowledge and skills I have acquired throughout my education and previous employment.
· Compared and evaluated by the University of Toronto.
1998-1999 Humber College .
· Certificate in Mechanical CADD.
· Miscellaneous: PLC (SLC-500), Advanced Fixture Design, Advanced Machine Design, Pneumatics with PLC.
2000 University of Toronto (PDC Courses) .
· Advanced Fluid Mechanics.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS:
· Five years experience in designing automated special purpose machinery.
· Three years experience in hydraulics fluid power.
· Two years experience in steel structural design and metal fabrications.
· In the process of obtaining the Professional Engineers of Ontario membership.
· Excellent experience in developing efficient solutions to problems and failure.
· Ability to create complete manufacturing information, including engineering drawings, geometric dimensioning, and tolerances & manufacturing operation sheets.
Computer Skills and experience:
· CATIA V5- Part design, Assembly design, Drafting and Stress analysis (500 hrs.).
· Cadkey99, Solid works99 & Solid edge (2,500 hrs. plus).
· Mechanical Desktop4.0 & AutoCAD (10,000 hrs. plus).
· Good experience in PLC programming (Allen Bradley -SLC500 and Sys-win).
· Proficient in Windows, Windows NT, MS Office, Lotus, and Encore.
Jul. 00 - Present Mechanical Design Engineer, (Confidential)
· Design a complete in-ground & above ground lifting equipment (ETL certified).
· Perform stress analysis calculations for steel structures.
· Design a weld fixtures to maintain the required dimensions and tolerance.
· Product design, prototyping, design verification, testing and complete B.O.M.
· Perform custom installation & addressing the technical concerns..
· Design a complete, high-pressure power units.
Apr. 99 - Jun. 00 Mechanical Designer, Spring Quilt Industries
· Designed and developed prototype automated machinery for the bedding industry.
· Used CATIA V5 to create a full solid modeling in order to generate FEA for machine elements.
· Created manufacturing drawings, assembly drawings, wiring diagrams, and full B.O.M. using Cadkey99 and Solid Works99 (3D Solid modeling, wire-frame, and 2D drawings).
· Modified the PLC program to suit the machine’s sequence of operation (SLC-500).
· Built and assembled complex prototype machine parts such as border feeder, serger drive, and border Catrack.
Aug. 96 – Aug. 98
Mechanical Designer, Global Establishment for Electromechanical & Fire Engineering
· Designed fire-fighting systems (piping and ventilation) according to the NFPA code.
· Performed hydraulic calculations for fire-fighting systems such as sprinklers, CO2, FM-200, Argon, and fire pumps.
· Created work-shop drawings and detail drawings (2D and 3D) using AutoCAD14.
· Reviewed and submitted design reports (for fire-fighting systems) to the Fire Department in order to obtain approval.
· Prepared quotations and maintained technical communication with customers.
Aug. 92 – Jul. 96 Mechanical Engineer, Automobiles State Enterprise.
· Designed and drafted automotive components using AutoCAD10-12 such as Engine, transmission, axle and clutches.
· Inspected vehicles after assembly to ensure quality.